The Datamancer Clamshell Planck Hardwood Case has been around early on for a couple years and a beloved hardwood option for a Planck keyboard case.
If you're looking for a multifunctional case, the datamancer case top functions as a travel case and a wrist rest using small magnets on the case. They also offer two different options of light or dark wood and profile sizes as well.
Below are the main features of the Datamancer Clamshell Planck Hardwood Case:
- Clam-shell hardwood case with routed edges
- Meticulous coated for a lasting and beautiful finish
- They offer free refinishing for any reason, free-of-charge
- Eight 3mm high-strengh neodynium magnets used to secure the lid and base together
- 4 additional magnets are used to secure the lid when used in wrist rest mode
- 30 day purchase warranty
- Cherry (Light Wood) or Walnut (Dark Wood) +$7
- Keycap clearance profile options
- Standard (OEM, Cherry, DSA)
- Tall for SA or similar +$10
- 9.875″ Length x 3.875″ Width x 1.5″ Height (1.75″ Tall Height)
The latest version of the Planck keyboard supports hot swappable switches, LEDs, a small speaker and even rotary encoders. There are several offerings for baseplates: EOTW (easy on the wallet), hi-pro and low-pro. These keyboards usually come in as a kit with some light assembly required.Buy on Amazon Buy on Drop
The Preonic keyboard is the Planck's big brother with an extra row of keys for those really missing the number row or want more keys to customize. The newest version of the Preonic is almost identical the Planck in terms of features.Buy on Amazon Buy on Drop